Saturday, August 13, 2011

It's Quick And Easy...To Ignore

I’m talking about email and texting.  It is sometimes more convenient than calling on the phone.  It is safer than getting a rejection in real time.   It is also quick and easy for the receiver to ignore and delete.

I have sometimes emailed and tried to feel that sense of accomplishment that I really DID something when I knew deep down that my missive could have been stopped by a spam filter, deleted based on the subject line, or skimmed and trashed.
The phone takes more guts and usually gives better results.   In sales, you want to CONNECT and build rapport quickly.  If you cannot meet in person, the old fashioned telephone ranks a close second.
All that stated, there are times when the only way (or proper way) to reach someone is by email…you’ll know those times.   When phoning is acceptable and available…GUT UP AND MAKE THE CALL.

No comments:

Post a Comment